Written by: Neil Brown (@downtowneil)
Edited by: Curt Ashcraft (@cashcraft740)
Follow us on Twitter! @OS_Report
Since the college football selection committee is releasing their first weekly poll today, Our Sports Report decided to gather five of the brightest minds they could find to form their own selection committee.
Read below to find our rankings and a little description of each team from one of our committee members.
1. Mississippi State: “They are the clear number one and will continue to be until they lose. Dak Prescott is the best player in the country and this is a very dangerous team, but big games are still to come for the Bulldogs.” –Elijah Gonzalez
2. Florida State: “Bye week and the entire team isn’t in jail, so I have to leave them here.”–Matthew Ruskan
3. Alabama: “Simple rule is to never question Nick Saban. And with Amari Cooper, who is easily the most exciting player in college football, what’s left to question. On a personal note, Amari Cooper to the Browns!” -Neil Brown
4. Auburn: “A closer game with South Carolina than what most people expected, but I still like what they bring to the table. Wins against LSU and Kansas State are proving to be huge, but if they can take down an angry Ole Miss team next week, they will deserve to move up.” –Curt Ashcraft
5. Oregon: “They have been able to hang their hat on their incredible offense and the win against Michigan State. While their defense doesn't impress me, this week's game against Stanford will truly show where Oregon needs to be ranked.” –Curt Ashcraft
6. Notre Dame: “They convinced me with their performance against Florida Sate and have a lot of room to move up with games against Arizona State and USC.” –Matt Shock
7. TCU: “TCU made a big jump in my poll after putting up 82 points this past week. This is a high powered offense that is very dangerous.” –Elijah Gonzalez
8. Michigan State: “Even if/when MSU beats Ohio State and wins the conference title game in Indianapolis, they still don’t have the schedule to get them into the playoffs.” –Matt Shock
T-9. Ole Miss: “With a game against Auburn this Saturday, it will be a battle to see which one-loss team still remains among the elite. Oh, and don’t forget about the Egg Bowl to wrap up the season.” –Neil Brown
T-9. Marshall: “I don’t care if the wins were against mediocre or worse teams. To be undefeated 10 weeks in and consistently dominate is impressive.” –Matthew Ruskan (AKA the only one to vote for Marshall and rank them fifth)
Well there you have it folks, the first OSR College Football Selection Committee weekly poll. Be sure to comment and tell us what you think about our top 10 and who should be getting more love!