Written by: Neil Brown (@downtowneil)
Edited by: Curt Ashcraft (@cashcraft740)
Follow us on Twitter! @OS_Report
In this week’s 'Our Sports Report' College Football Playoff Rankings, the five committee members didn’t see much change as Arizona State was the only team to move up into the top ten and Ole Miss was the only team to fall out. There was a bit of shuffling, especially amongst the top five, so be sure to keep reading after the rankings to see why our experts ranked each team where they did.
There will be six match-ups between AP top-25 teams this week, so expect some exciting games this weekend and even more changes in next week’s poll.
1. Mississippi State: “It didn't look pretty against Bielema and his Razorbacks, but Mullen and the Bulldogs found a way to pull it off. Regardless of the margin, Mississippi State is still undefeated while competing in one of the most difficult conferences in all of college football.” –Curt Ashcraft
2. Auburn: “An impressive win over then #4 Ole Miss. The War Eagle is looking to make a playoff birth if that kind of effort continues.” –Matt Ruskan
3. Florida State: “Yes, like Mississippi State, the Seminoles just keep winning...but they just keep winning against a mostly garbage schedule. With their strong comeback against Louisville, Florida State has pretty much cemented themselves a spot in the playoffs, provided they don't fall on their face as the season winds down.” –Matt Shock
4. Oregon: “After having their perfect seasons ruined the last two years by Stanford, the Ducks are now in the driver’s seat of the Pac-12 North. With games against Utah and a potential Pac-12 Championship Game match-up with Arizona State, the Ducks have some work still left to do.” –Neil Brown
5. Alabama: “We will find out what The Tide is really made of when they take on LSU and Mississippi State in consecutive weeks. Oh, and don't forget they still have to play the Iron Bowl against Auburn. If they win out, they have a chance to run the table in the SEC.” –Elijah Gonzalez
6. TCU: “Yes, Texas Christian University appeared to be for real there for a minute, but they looked gross on the road against West Virginia on Saturday. If they play like that against Kansas State, they'll become a two-loss team and be out of the playoff conversation for good.” –Matt Shock
7. Notre Dame: “With a lack-luster performance against Navy, the Irish have a real test in the desert against a legit Arizona State team. A loss would all but eliminate Notre Dame, despite both losses coming against great opponents.” –Neil Brown
t-8. Michigan State: “There is no doubt that the Spartans have looked like a well-oiled machine this season, but I have them at #8 because they still have something to prove. If they can beat the Buckeyes at home on Saturday night, it's time to move them up.” –Curt Ashcraft
t-8. Kansas State: “The Wildcats took a big jump in my poll after thrashing Oklahoma State. With their next two games being huge contests in hostile environments, at TCU and West Virginia, K-State has a chance to make a great case for putting the BIG 12 in one of the final 4 spots with two big possible wins.” –Elijah Gonzalez
t-10. Arizona State: “I don't care what anybody says, Utah is a good football team and the Sun Devils just took them down in overtime. Now with wins against three ranked opponents on the season, it comes down to the match-up with the Fighting Irish that will truly convince me that ASU deserves a higher ranking.” –Curt Ashcraft
t-10. Marshall: “A bye week for the Thundering Herd. They are thundering their way to a playoff birth if they can win out.” –Matt Ruskan