Nick Bosa made the announcement yesterday that he was going to step away from the Ohio State program to focus on recovering from his core muscle injury and focus on the NFL Draft. I can’t say I’m surprised, the writing was on the wall for Bosa, who could be the first player taken in the 2019 Draft. After the injury he suffered in the TCU game, Bosa has opted to shift his efforts toward the draft process.Read More
That’s right. College Football returns for real this week! (Week 0 does not count, but it was a nice warm up.) There’s nothing like college football. The passion, the tradition, the knowing that I’ll sit on a couch for hours on end making more money off these games than the majority of “student-athletes” playing in them.Read More
In this recent edition of ‘The Buckeye Hangover’ Podcast on ‘Our Sports Report’, Matt Shock and Curt Ashcraft discuss last week's Buckeye win over Nebraska, hand out some 'Grown Ass Man' Awards, and look ahead to next week's game against Penn State. No 'After Party' this week, so enjoy a shorter episode this week!.Read More
After a disappointing end to 2016, all of us in Buckeye Nation are clamoring for the start of another Ohio State Football campaign! In the first edition of ‘The Buckeye Hangover’ Podcast for 2017 on ‘Our Sports Report’, Curt Ashcraft & Matt Shock talk about the addition of new offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson, who made their Grown-Ass Man Award 'Watch List' in the off-season, and they make their predictions for the upcoming 2017 Buckeye Football season!Read More
The NFL Draft is this week, and Our Sports Report has you covered on how the 2017 NFL Draft could pan out. However, to save some of my sanity, there will be no trades. There obviously will be trades during the draft, but most of this draft will be how the order is now. This is how I see the draft panning out if the order stays the same.Read More
The 2017 NFL Draft is only one day away! Here is my projection of how the 2017 NFL Draft could unfold.Read More
Follow us on Twitter! @OS_Report
And that’s a wrap! The 2016 college football regular season (minus the Army-Navy game) has officially come to a close. It’s been a wild season, despite Alabama’s dominance and stranglehold on the playoff’s top spot.
Now the fun begins, as the actual playoff committee has to decide whether Ohio State actually deserves a spot, despite not being a conference champion and losing to a team that did actually win their conference. Does Washington deserve a spot, despite playing in a weak Pac-12, but doing work on pretty much every team in the conference, including their Pac-12 title game thrashing of a strong Colorado team? Regardless of what the real committee believes, here are the OSR playoff committee’s final rankings!
Thanks for following along all season and a big thank you to Team Chaos for making this a crazy last month and a half. Now lets go bowling!
1. Alabama (13-0): “Alabama came out in the second half and did unspeakable things to Florida, posting their third 50 point game of the season. This defense is one of the best I think we've seen in years and this team is special to watch.” – Justin Wagner
2. Ohio State (11-1): “Say what you will about Penn State winning the Big Ten title, but I think that Ohio State’s resume with wins over four nationally-ranked opponents is too strong. Wins by Oklahoma and Penn State on Saturday helped the Buckeyes and they are worthy of a playoff spot.” – Curt Ashcraft
3. Clemson (12-1): “The Tigers really made things interesting with some late penalties against Virginia Tech, but the defense came up with a huge 4th down stop when it mattered the most. The offense may be too dependent on Watson's legs, but at this point you have to put all your chips on the table.” – Matthew Ruskan
4. Washington (12-1): “The Huskies went into the PAC 12 Championship and flat out took care of business. Colorado got dominated in that game...so much so that it looked like Washington was in a warm up game.” – Matt Shock
5. Penn State (11-2): “The Big Ten Champs did everything it could as of late to be in the college football playoffs. They are crowned Big Ten Champs, but the two losses to Michigan and Pitt were just a little too much for me to put them in the playoffs, while Washington only has one loss and has been dominating their opponents.” – John Pearson
6. Michigan (10-2): “The Wolverines needed a lot to get into the playoffs and it just didn't go their way. They knew going into the game against Ohio State that if they won, they were in and if they lost, they were out. A couple of losses from Clemson, Washington and Wisconsin could have done them wonders, but it wasn't meant to be. An incredible season they had nonetheless.” – John Pearson
Now it’s officially conference championship week (except for those clowns in the Big 12…) and we actually have some toss up games, in my opinion. I think the Big 10 championship between Wisconsin and Penn State might just be the best of the weekend, as both teams have shown vulnerability this season, but seem to be peaking at the right now.Read More
Now that we've had a few days to catch our breath, did that game really happen?!? Talk about an instant classic! In the latest edition of ‘The Buckeye Hangover’ Podcast on ‘Our Sports Report’, our own Matt Shock and Curt Ashcraft break down one of the best Ohio State/Michigan games in rivalry history, hand out some history-making 'Grown-Ass Man' Awards, and take a look at Ohio State's chances of making the College Football Playoff without a spot in the Big Ten Championship Game!Read More
Another week, another top-four team losing. With Louisville’s loss and the impending top-four matchup between Ohio State and Michigan, this means we’ll have four-straight weeks with a top-four team losing to end the season. Since my Oregon Ducks have been garbage this season, (minus that huge win at Utah!!) I’ve been all-in on Team Chaos. So really, I couldn’t have asked for a better ending to the college football season.Read More
It was a dogfight to the very end, but the Buckeyes emerged victorious in East Lansing! In the latest edition of ‘The Buckeye Hangover’ Podcast on ‘Our Sports Report’, our own Matt Shock and Curt Ashcraft break down a frustrating win over Michigan State, hand out some legit 'Grown-Ass Man' Awards, and get you ready for Michigan week as the Wolverines invade Columbus this Saturday for 'The Game'!Read More